by Lianne Thomas
on Thursday, January 16th, 2020 at 2:09pm.
Huge Congratulations to our Mustang Island Realty Agent, Julie Reupke, for being recognized as a 2019 Top Producing Agent! We are thrilled to have such a hardworking and dedicated agent on our team. Here’s a little bit more about Julie…
1. How long have you been a REALTOR? - Almost 7 years, March 2013
2. How long you've been living on the island? I moved to the Island in September of 2002
3. What your dream job was as a child? I always loved to rearrange my room and change my environment so I wanted to be an Interior Designer.
4. How did you get into real estate? I was studying Interior Design at Missouri State University when a horrible snow storm hit and I had to dig my SUV out of the dorm parking lot. It was that moment when I decided I needed to get out of the cold and into the sun! I worked several jobs in the Corpus Christi & Port Aransas area until ending up as lead bartender & assistant manager at The Back Porch Bar where I met my current broker, Keith McMullin. After years of serving Island patrons, I decided it was time for a change and I was looking for something that could marry my love of interior design, with my new found love for sales that I had been doing for so many years and Real Estate seemed to be the perfect fit!
5. What's the best kept local secret about North Padre/Port Aransas? Barefoot Mardi Gras is a month long celebration & fundraiser benefiting Big Brothers & Big Sisters, as well as the local Island Foundation that provides funding for the Seashore Charter School. There are several events surrounding the Barefoot Mardi Gras celebration including a kick off party, a beach parade with over 60 floats featuring local businesses, and a King & Queen’s Ball. The Barefoot Mardi Gras Parade is scheduled for February 22nd, where thousands of Island Residents bring their golf carts, kids, and friends creating a huge beach party along the parade route. It’s incredible to see a community come together to raise funds for such deserving causes! Definitely something you DON’T want to miss!
6. What's your favorite thing about Real Estate? My favorite thing about Real Estate is that every day is different. Every client has different needs, every property is different, every area is different. In this business you are constantly learning, evolving, and adapting, so it keeps me interested and motivated to be better and do more!
7. What's your favorite thing to do when not doing real estate? My favorite thing to do when not doing Real Estate is the role of ultimate party hostess. I love to cook, and I my husband and really enjoy entertaining family and friends at our Island home. We take living the “Island Life” very seriously and try to take advantage of everything this community has to offer as well as help others get on Island Time at Reupke Resort!
To get in touch with Julie, she can be reached here: